Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Weddings and Recipes

This past weekend I had the blessing of being the Matron of Honor in my dear friend Lauren's wedding. She's truly my best friend and the sister I never had. We have been friends for about 8 years now, and surprisingly enough we've stayed just as close as we were the summer we first met. Which is amazing considering we've only lived in the same state for 2 months out of those 8 years. I think we do friendships the same way, value the same things, have similar life perspectives, and generally just love to be around each other 24/7 - so she and I go really well together.  :)

The wedding was one-of-a-kind, and at some point in the next week I hope to write a post on how much I learned and gleaned from the experience. But if that doesn't happen, then here are a few pictures from the event:













RECIPE RE-CAP



Ingredients:
1 yellow or red pepper chopped
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 c Balsamic vinaigrette 
1 package cheese tortellini (I used whole wheat)
A handful of chopped spinach
1 pound of chicken (I used tenderloins)
Balsamic vinegar

Directions:
1. Marinate chicken tenderloins in balsamic vinegar (10-15 minutes).
2. Use a grill pan to grill chicken. Once cooked through, chop into small pieces and add peppers.
3. Cook tortellini on a separate burner.
4. Mix 1/2 c vinaigrette with 1 tbsp dijon mustard in a small bowl
5. Put spinach in bowl.
6. Add chicken/peppers to the spinach.
7. After tortellini is drained, add that to the mixture as well.
8. Mix in the vinaigrette and dijon mustard and toss.
Serve hot or cold. 




Ingredients:
5 tomatoes
2 cans diced tomatoes (1 rotel, 1 regular)
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
lime juice from one lime
1 teaspoon honey
1 handful cilantro

Directions:
Blend it all. Add any other flavors you might want (cumin, hot sauce, vinegar, lemon, etc.)


2 comments:

Mae said...

The wedding looks amazing and both you and the bride look beautiful! Also... these recipes look delicious... I will be making both of them ASAP! Thanks for sharing!!

natalie said...

Love these recipes! Hope to make soon :)