Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Barack and Michelle Obama had come to Bethel Atlanta to visit. They were staying with the Coopers. The Coopers were showing them around their house.
Barack and Michelle wanted to start coing to ministry school and church with us. They wanted to be trained up by the Coopers and our teams. They came on several firestorms with our second year class, and kept asking lots of questions trying to understand how we did ministry.
The second dream about the Obama's is very significant. Paul Manwaring helped me to see the significance of it on Sunday at church through his message. He talked about how we need to get people out of the church. We shouldn't be training up followers...we should be training up leaders that will then take what they've learned and use it for the world. He said we should be having government leaders come to our church because of our training...because we are known for equipping and sending out, for giving vision, purpose, and tools to fulfill dreams. So that solidified that what he was saying was something that God was wanting to do. We need to get our talented and gifted believers out of the church so that the world can be impacted with God's love. It isn't the healthy that need a doctor, but the sick.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
I have two dear friends at work that are about to take a huge step of faith and follow their dreams.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
2. My favorite smell is an apple pie baking.
3. I love to read things my friends have written- thoughts, poems, songs, books, blogs, etc.
4. I've never had a hair cut that I've loved.
5. My sweet husband Patrick gets better every day. Every day he gives me a reason to love him more.
6. I will always have cats.
7. I circulate between the same meals at every restuarant...usually something glazed or with teriyaki sauce.
8. I'm terrified of being pregnant and giving birth... and will do anything I can to get out of it.
9. I wish I could live at Bethel.
10. I love to travel, especially to places where I can still shower regularly and use a western style toilet.
11. I love doing creative things but most of my inspiration comes from something someone else has already done (Love you Frankie). What's original these days anyway?
12. I cover my ears in the shower so they don't get wet.
13. I don't eat vegetables, but I eat everything else. :)
14. I'm deathly afraid of the ocean, and usually wear platform shoes or heels if I have to go in.
15. I love to bake and create my own recipes.
16. I have a 2 year old sister and I feel as if she is my own child and sometimes wonder why she can't live with me.
17. I love the fall in a big way. There's something in the crisp air, warm drinks, beautiful leaves and scarves that makes me the happiest person on the planet. I always feel confident and free in the fall.
18. I don't wear tennis shoes and socks with pants.
19. I have so many things that I want to do in my life, and I'm afraid of pursuing one thing because I feel like I'd be missing out on other things.
20. I love taking walks near the river or in the mountains.
21. I'd like to think of myself as very easy going, but I'm totally not. I'm working on that though.
22. The song "Heavenly Day" will always change my mood and take me back to my wedding day...which was the most perfect day of my life thus far.
23. I love letters and emails and notes and messages from friends. Words are my love language.
24. Kittens, warm blankets and pastries are also love languages of mine.
25. My dad is the most generous person I have ever known and I pray that I would possess even a fraction of his compassion and generosity for others that he has.
26. I love a good book on a porch or by a fire.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Some highlights of the trip include:
- all 14 members of the team staying in one pastor's house
- eating extravagant amounts of East Indian food (lots of curry)
- trying countless new fruits none of us had ever heard of
- seeing over 240 instant miracles!!!
- lots of Guyanese came to know the Lord
- we "celebrated" Pahgwah with the natives (a Hindu holiday)
- the boys slept in hammocks on the upstairs porch
- we took a boat across the Demerara river and then up a long winding tributary with a picnic of bbq chicken, macaroni and cheese, rice, vegetables, a homemade heart-shaped lemon cake with icing, and a cooler full of water, sprite and coke
- we visited an Amer-Indian Reservation accessible only by boat
- we swam in "black water"- it gets its name due to the large amount of tanic acid in it that comes up from the ground
- we all preached and led at least one service a piece
- we saw the largest wooden structure in the world (an old church in Georgetown, the capital)
- getting well acquainted with all sorts of bugs that bit- I had over 40 bites and a rash that made parts of my arms and legs swell up pretty bad
- we rode on a horse carriage/buggy one afternoon
- learned how to play cricket with a nationally known cricket umpire
- ate lunch with one of the highest ranked military officials of Guyana
- learned about the different forms of Hinduism
- spent several days at Save-R-Kids Children's Home and had a chance to pray over and give words to every single child individually
- then the children put on a singing/dancing program for us
- had lemon shandy- a low alcohol content beer that is a very popular drink in Guyana
- got up at 4am in order to get to the airport in time and to start our 18+ hours of travel
Although this isn't an exhaustive list, it still gives you an idea of some of the things we got to do. The list of spiritual things that happened and that we learned would take up an entire set of encyclopedias. We saw God show up in some strange and crazy and awesome ways. I'd love to share if you want to hear more! Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me. Pictures are up on facebook, but I'll post some here as soon as I can. Thanks to everyone who gave generously to this trip! It really was remarkable.
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn and provide for those who grieve in Zion- to bestow on them beauty instead of ashes, oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of dispair. The will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor. Is. 61:1-3
Listen to "Desert Song" by Hillsong on youtube...I listened to this a lot.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Tomorrow I leave for Guyana and I couldn't be more excited. The coolest thing to me is that we're the first mission team being sent out from Bethel Atlanta. Last night at school we had a chance to be prayed over and get words from everyone for our trip. That definitely revved me up like crazy. I feel like our whole class is getting to travel with us. We've become such a tightly knit group that one person's victory is everyone else's victory. So I know that we're going to advance the Kingdom and re-claim territory for more than just us.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
So....let's just say, God is good. All the time.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
I Am: interested in everything
I Have: too much time on my hands some days at work
I Think: that i should get to play outside all day
I Know: that God is good
I Dislike: the dark
I Miss: Athens in the spring
I Fear: that no one likes me
I Feel: a little insecure most days
I Want: to do great things and travel the world
I Smell: my pomegranite Orbit gum in my purse
I Crave: warm cookies
I Cry: when i feel really lonely
I Usually: don't use my free time wisely
I Search: for the good in everything
I Wonder: why I can't adopt the whole continent of Africa and Asia
I Care: about orphans
I Love: PATRICK and kitties and Libby Gray and Melanie, Evie, and Jessica
I Regret: not investing in people better
I Always: love to get letters and flowers
I Worry: that we focus too much on what we disagree on rather than what we have in common
I Am Not: a big fan of vegetables, or even a small one
I Remember: the kindergarteners in Tokyo that wear yellow plastic hats and yellow boots
I Dance: in dressing rooms and in front of mirrors...always
I Don't Always: think before i speak
I Write: whenever something moves my heart
I Win: only at state capital contests
I Wish: I could spend time in every country in the world
I Argue: more than i should
I Listen: to the sounds of children all day
I Lose: at most games
I Don't Understand: why adults don't get a summer break or spring break
I Can Usually Be Found: watching America's Next Top Model, Ellen, or 24
I Am Scared: of the ocean
I Need: lots of people around me all the time
I Forget: how blessed i am
I Am: excited about lots of things