Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rosh Hashanah 2011

So today is Rosh Hashanah, one of the highest holy days on the Jewish calendar. I've honestly never paid much attention to it, but as I've read some prophecies and Scriptures I am starting to see what a significant time it is. I wanted to include a couple of notes from things I've read that I believe are important for this season. (Rosh Hashanah, or the Feast of Trumpets is today, and the next ten days are called the Ten Days of Awe, and end in Yom Kippur and the Day of Atonement).

This is a time of transition and realignment is occurring. September, coming into the Jewish New Year, is often a time of transition and change. When the Lord brings change there comes a realignment of things, and a cutting away occurs. This brings realignment of the body of Christ so that we are in the right place at the right time for the purposes of the Kingdom. If you know what my last month has looked like, I see this so evidently. I've had things cut away, and a realignment has been happening, and will solidify on Monday, October 3. New season of ministry. New way of outreach. New set of relationships. And the way I understand and execute the purposes of the Kingdom will have to shift.


There is a call going out for both holiness and power. And for spiritual maturity. 


God is bringing the church into a place of true sonship. As these changes have been happening in the natural in my life, I've started to see an increased value for fathers. In a way I've never experienced before, I've just wanted to be a child and to be around good fathers.


The position we take before God will determine the direction of the rest of the year. What we sow now will release a harvest for the coming year. 


During this season, God is releasing fresh commissioning directives. There are new battle plans and strategies from heaven that He is releasing for those who will take the time to rest in Him, seek His face, shake off past discouragement and sin, gather with God's people, release your love and offerings to Him, and expect God to visit in an unprecedented way this season. 


September and October are "seasonal portals" - where we can experience exceptional times of open heavens and intimate times with God. So why not seek out these intimate times? Take advantage of these holy days that have breakthrough associated with them?

I just wanted to shed a little bit of insight into Rosh Hashanah 2011. Pray about what this shift in seasons means for you. What you need to let go of or walk into. Expect breakthrough. Expect intimacy and strategies from heaven. What do you need to be sowing? What is realigning? It is time we become like the Sons of Issachar who understood the times and the seasons. There is so much more awaiting us.


1 comment:

Hayley Bidez said...

YES YES YES ::: I'm going to write down some stuff for me and blog it so I am accountable and remember.


thank you for listening, this really helped me pin down some spiritual stirring that has been going on around me...

LOVE YOU!