Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Middle East

My favorite thing to do in the entire world is travel. I love missions because I love experiencing new cultures- the tastes, the smells, the sounds, the people. We can learn so much from other groups of people and the way they live.

I've been blessed to have gotten to travel a good bit in my 24 years of living- to South and Central America, Europe, Asia and Africa. All unbelievable places with lively people and unique customs and traditions. This May I have the opportunity to go to the Middle East for two weeks. This will be my first trip that I'll be leading, and I couldn't be more excited. This is something I could spend my entire life doing- traveling and seeing God encounter people with His love.

Here is a picture of one of the shirts we'll be selling to raise money. It's not very clear in this picture, but it's the only copy of the design I have. It says "Love: Be the encounter" in Arabic. So many people are only one encounter away from God's love...and because I have been freely given to, I now able to freely give. People need God's love. They need to know they're valued. They need to know that they have a great destiny in store for them. God is just longing for His people to know His love. He is good. He is loving. He is not angry or spiteful, resentful or mean. He is always good. And always loving. And He loves to give good gifts to His children.

Now if only the whole world knew how incredible they are...

No comments: