Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Middle East Bound Once Again

Well, the time has finally come. Tomorrow Patrick and I leave for the Middle East. It snuck up on me this year because of job interviews, conference planning, then wrapping up one job and starting the next. So this trip will be a great break from normal "life" and an opportunity to reconnect with some old friends and make a few new ones!

I am including a few pictures from the last trip to allow you see how much we are going to suffer for the Lord whilst in the Middle East.


Breakfast overlooking the mountains and the Mediterranean Sea (tough life!)

Fresh baked croissants and other breads for above breakfast

Ok, this might be the one tough piece to this trip. The first restaurant we went to last year served all of these delicacies: testicles (luckily you get 2, I know I wouldn't be able to get enough), lamb kidney, liver (with a BBQ option- yes please), pancreas, BBQ fat (is that saturated? because I only eat unsaturated fats), etc. I don't even want to know what Arayes Kafta is, or Kebab Ourfaly. 

Nevertheless, the food there is actually pretty good. And no I did not have testicles or kidney or pancreas, nor would I ever in a million years consider it. I still scrape off black beans on a quesadilla and mushrooms off a pizza. There is NO WAY I'd eat any of these items. My life should be called 
"Diary of a Wimpy Eater."

Love you all, and will post more when I return! 


No comments: