Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Middle East 2011

My experience in the Middle East this year was really incredible, and I feel so blessed. I learned a lot about myself and feel like I grew a ton. But processing and re-aclimating to the US is a big job, and I don't think I'm quite ready to share much of that process yet. So in the meantime, I'll leave you with a few of my favorite pictures!

The view from our apartment of the Mediterranean Sea. Tough life.

Wine and Cheese Party. With Lebanese wine. Heaven on earth. When this was suggested for the evening's activity, I knew I had come to the right place. I now have standards for all mission trips.

Olives.

Learning Arab dances. SO FUN. Best. Night. EVER.

Did I mention it snowed? 

The sunlight over the capital city.

Arguileh. 

Our team. Plus Patrick on the far right who is an Arab.


What album is complete without a good jumping picture?


There are tons more pictures on Facebook, but these are a few of my favorites from the trip! I'll be posting more thoughts later, and probably more pictures as my processing cocoon cracks open. Thanks for everyone's amazing support of this trip! It couldn't have been better. Well, it could have been. If I had moved to the Middle East and been given Arabic as my "tongue." Thanks for nothing Holy Spirit.
 JUST KIDDING. 





1 comment:

natalie said...

you are perfect. love it.