Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Defining My Life

I've mentioned before that I don't really know where I'm at in life right now. But there are a few things that are defining me and my season right now.

One- This song. It's called Airplanes by B.O.B. and Hayley Williams from Paramore. There is something about the chorus that I can't get enough of. The chorus talks about hope and my spirit completely resonates with that message. Its like this chorus has found a way to awaken me in a way I didn't know I need to be awakened. Each time I get in the car I scan every station looking for it.

     Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now.


Two- Twilight. I've mentioned it before, but these are the best books I've ever read. I love how engaging they are. The stories pull you in and refuse to let you leave. The characters swirl in your head and find ways to settle inside of you. I feel like I understand love on a whole new level, as well as emotions and the art of story-telling.

Three- Writing. I've never been more compelled to write in my life. I love to write, but have always had a limited imagination. Reading Twilight made me want to just pick up a pen and start writing anything that comes to me. I won't learn and grow as I writer if I never start. I want to write fiction, but find ways to communicate truths about who we are and what love is all about.

Four- Figuring out what kind of job would make me come alive, but also challenge me to grow. There are so many things I want to do and so many dreams that I have, it's hard to put them all together in a perfectly wrapped package that I can tangibly pursue. So right now I'm exploring. Spending time with friends. Reading books. Going on walks. Trying to figure out what kinds of things stir me up and what kinds of things tie me down. Some days I love one thing then the next day I want something totally different. So I'm in a process of discovery right now. And I think that's ok and good. We all need seasons like this.

1 comment:

Renie said...

I loved reading your posts. Your writing is fresh, honest, clearly from your heart, and your style so fun. Keep it up. God has put an amazing gift in you. I look forward to seeing where it takes you!
Renie