Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Let Hope In

This is a blog post by Taylor Bashta that has been encouraging me this week. Mull it over and let me know what you think.


"Let hope Arise and make the darkness hide. My Faith is dead I need a resurrection somehow".


This has been a very controversial line in "Like a Lion". David Crowder sang the line at Passion, but several other worship guys have asked if they could change the line from "my faith is dead" to my "my faith is cold". Daniel said yes of course, if they feel like that line is better for where they are playing, then that is what is most important.

But I've been thinking about this very thing lately. Hope. And Faith.

Hope has become Daniel's anthem. It is written on his guitar. It is written on his arm.

It's the cry of our heart that through his music Hope will spring up!

There is something that I am hoping for in my life right now.

And I honestly struggle with letting hope in, because I fear disappointment. I fear pain.

When I start to feel the little flutters of hope, I shut them down, preferring to think "It probably won't happen" because then I'll be surprised if it does. That feels safe. But is that right? Sometimes my faith does feel dead.
Let Hope arise and MAKE the darkness hide. I like that idea better!

I was running last week and praying about all of this. D and I are attempting to train for the Nashville half marathon- we shall see. But I've had a lot of time to think as I run.

My conversation with God went something like this-
"God how do I let hope come in? I'm so afraid of being sad, disappointed, hurt, etc.! But I want to hope! I don't want the enemy to have any place in my heart or mind or emotions- I want your hope. But I'm scared." -sounds like a little girl- but it's how I felt.

I felt like he said this. Taylor, 

all you are responsible for is letting yourself hope- let it grow inside of you! Let faith arise, don't be afraid. And if it doesn't happen when you think it should- let me take care of your heart. Leave it to me".

Are you hoping for something? Take the risk and dare to hope. Let that faith spring up.

If the worst happens- God will take care of our hearts.

But somehow I think through hope- miracles are coming!




No comments: