Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dirty Diana

Songs that creep past your skin and sink into your veins are so hard to find. But every now and then you come across one, and you let it live on repeat until you know it well enough to take it with you.

This is one of those songs for me. And one of those musicians. I knew Sean McConnell in high school, and loved hearing him play at FCA or on mission trips. I have his first cd that he made in high school, and remember traveling all over Atlanta to hear him every time he played. There were big life lessons in those songs, and his voice drew you in and allowed you to feel the weightiness of each of them. It's like the Kingdom transcended the artist. You came face to face with your Creator by experiencing Him through Sean's music. The lyrics aren't trite, but savory and poetic. His way with words is better than most popular artists today.

Sean doesn't do as much worship any more, but everything he does is just as rich and powerful as his worship. And this song choice for today only reemphasizes that notion. I hope you enjoy!

Thanks Mary Susan for the heads up on this one. :)






1 comment:

Hayley Bidez said...

This is one of my favorite songs. Of course, I throw it down with michael jackson but I LOVE ME ANYTHING SEAN! [: