Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Divergent

You guys, this book IS AWESOME.

 

I read it this past weekend and it was the PERFECT thing to get me over Harry Potter. If anything can get you over Harry Potter. 

Although dystopian novels are gaining popularity, this one does not disappoint. 

Society in futuristic Chicago is separated into 5 factions: Candor (the honest), Erudite (the intelligent), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), and Amity (friendship). At the age of 16, everyone must select which faction to align themselves with. And that faction then becomes your family and your way of life. Beatrice Prior grew up in Abnegation, but has questioned whether or not she is truly selfless enough to spend her life as a part of that faction: wearing the same gray clothes as everyone else, only seeing a mirror once every other month during a hair trim, and only focusing on others rather than herself. The book follows Beatrice as she selects her new faction, and follows through on the daunting initiation process.

I could not stop reading this book y'all. And of course I promptly ordered the second one on Amazon, AND IT ARRIVED YESTERDAY. But I'm wrapping up 'Love Does' by Bob Goff first, so I haven't started it yet. The third book in the series doesn't come out until 2013 - AND I'M PRAYING THAT THERE WILL BE MORE THAN THREE. I just hate waiting for these kinds of things. And if I love the books, I want there to be 29384729356129384 so I can always read them and work the characters into my daily life. Healthy right? :)

Let me know if you want to borrow this book... I love to share. 

No comments: