Here are some recipes from my weekend that were absolutely worth sharing:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Thai Coconut Curry Soup
Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
1 cup of water/beer
3 cups of flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry yeast
1 swirl of olive oil
A dash of basil and garlic (or fresh basil if you have it)
Warm the water or beer in the microwave. Add flour, salt, olive oil, and any other spices/ingredients. Knead until you have a ball of semi-sticky dough. Cover and let sit in a cool dry place for 1 hour.
Onions (or any other pizza faves)
After one hour, roll dough out onto a pan. Bake at 375 for 2-3 minutes. While it is baking, cook diced chicken in buffalo sauce in a pan. In separate pan cook onions with a little bit of butter to brown them. Brush a thin layer of ranch dressing over the crust (I used a fat free version). Then add mozzarella, chicken, onions, blue cheese, and any other ingredients that you like. Then for extra flavor I drizzled buffalo sauce on the top. Bake 10-13 minutes (or less depending on your over) at 375.
Thai Coconut Curry Soup (adapted from this):
2 cans coconut milk (I used one Lite and one regular)
1 heaping handful of chopped cilantro
1 heaping tablespoon of Thai Chili Paste
2 cups chicken broth
2 chicken breasts
8 ounces of rice noodles
1. Chop up the cilantro, lemons, and limes
2. Put a some of the coconut cream from the top of a can into a pan, along with the chicken, Thai curry paste, and cilantro.
3. Saute together for 5 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
4. Squeeze lemons and limes into the pan and add the peels. Then add chicken broth, the rest of the coconut milk, and a dash of soy sauce (optional). Bring to a boil. Then add your noodles.
5. Let simmer together for 15-20 minutes. Then its ready to eat!
1 grapefruit cut in half
1. Turn on broiler.
2. Cut grapefruit and segment.
3. Melt butter, then stir in cinnamon and sugar.
4. Put grapefruit halves on a broiler pan. Smear with paste.
5. Put the pan as close to the top of your oven as possible. Cook for 4-6 minutes.
And voila! A really delicious snack, dessert, side or breakfast item.
As always, thanks to Pinterest for fulfilling all my recipe needs.