Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Thanksgiving Tribute

So what am I thankful for these days? Well- anything and everything to be frank. I'm really happy in life and feel unbelievably blessed. Life's too short to not be appreciative or happy most of the time.

So what am I thankful for you ask? Well of course I'm thankful for the usual things: friends, family, a place to live, cold weather, food, television, etc. However, here are the other little known things that I'm also thankful for that might not make it on the "average" list:

  • My cat Bailey (even though she's 16 pounds and needs a diet plan, stat)
  • The fact that I FINALLY finished Pillars of the Earth- its practically an encyclopedia with the density of some philosophy books. No joke. 976 pages about the Church in England in the 1100s. Yikes- glad to be done. Now what will I complain about?
  • Wine. Never really liked it, but Thanksgiving gave me a whole new level of appreciation for it- and I am thankful for that. in a big way. But we might have a problem on our hands before long.
  • The game Apples to Apples in conjunction with said wine...
  • Costco Christmas cards- because they always find some way to give me a discount. 
  • Vests- I have a vest addiction. And just bought probably my 15th one on Black Friday. 
  • Cokes in the Christmas Santa cans - they just taste better
  • My new grey ankle boots
  • Starbucks
  • The tattoo I want Alex to get
  • Willow Smith, Brooke Fraser and Dave Matthews

And there you have it, some of my favorite things. And we're buying our Christmas tree today so that just really tops this list off. I love the fall and winter SO MUCH- I'm tempted to move to Forks, Washington where it can be cold and rainy all year round. And I can continually basque in the glow of all things Twilight. Might as well add Twilight to my "forever thankful" list. 

No comments: