Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Nursery Inspiration + This Week's Recipes

Nurseries can be tough to design and decorate because (in theory), you might use it for more than one child. My hope for ours was that the walls and furniture be mostly neutral, but the art, pictures, shelves and bedding be fun and feminine. 

This room was my inspiration:


Mainly because I liked the neutrality of it, but it was still bright and fun, but also soothing. We also have a dark crib and white shelves, so it is hard to feel like everything is cohesive. 

Once we painted the walls dark grey, and got the furniture in its final-ish destination, I added these three prints above the crib:


This is pre-bedding (with terrible lighting), but you get the gist. ;)


Two prints for another wall that I've ordered:


Two candles I bought for decoration, a wooden letter, and drawer pulls for a little turquoise side table:


I'll show pictures once everything is completed, but this is a start for now!


And now for my anti-nesting hobby: cooking. Most people clean and organize, I have been cooking instead. Probably because cleaning and organizing is A. Not fun and B. I don't want to do it. 



Tzatziki Sauce:
1 cucumber chopped in the food processor (then dried with a paper towel)
1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
Juice of half a lemon
Swirl of olive oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
Salt, pepper, garlic and dill to taste

Mix with a fork or whisk. 




Watermelon Lime Slushy
Inspired by this recipe, but here is what I did:

2 cups of watermelon
1 cup ginger beer
Handful of ice
Juice from 2 limes
1 scoop mango sorbet

Blend!


*I used strawberrys and blueberry bourbon jam (because I don't actually know what rhubarb is or how to use it)





Blueberry Crisp (not pictured because it got eaten too quickly)
*This is sugar free and FABULOUS. 

*     *     *     *      *

So there you have it, a week of recipes and glimpses into Baby West's nursery. Or maybe you could call this a week full of distractions, which is a tad more accurate. Happy cooking! 

No comments: