Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nourishment

In 2010, I will learn to feed myself. To encounter God on my own. To pursue Him without prompting. To strengthen myself. To develop intimacy in ways I never have before. To walk around offenses and give grace to others. To steward my gifts and invest in others. To count my blessings.

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord." Is. 6:1. Although Uzziah was a great and mighty king, and very influential in Isaiah's life, he wasn't going to be around forever. Having seen one of his strongest mentors die, Isaiah was prompted to seek and find the Lord on his own. And he did. This is my season of learning to find God on my own. To feast on Him daily. To count my blessings and experience His love. To sacrifice so that others might know Him and His love through me. To be willing to go when He says go.

But...

I am terrified. Will I find Him? Will I gain new revelations of love and learn how to go deeper and deeper into His presence? Will I have the grace to pour out? Will I have the patience to sit at His feet?

All I know as of now is this...

God is good and I am blessed. And fully loved.


1 comment:

Torie said...

Hi Mary! :)I am a random visitor to your blog. I googled "Behold, I am doing a new thing!" because that is one of my favorite verses in the Bible and it was so cool to run across your blog!
-Torie