Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

The City of Dreams

If you know me, then you know I love the city. All cities. I love the energy and excitement and busyness and people-watching. Everything about a city brightens me from the inside, and tells me that anything is possible. Cities are where things happen. Big things, like dreams and revelation and relationship. So when I get the chance to dip my toe into one of these magical places, my excitement goes through the roof. 

Hence this very wondrous trip to New York City, the "City of Dreams."  Where we dined at the Fig & Olive, biked Central Park and the Hudson River, had a shake at Shake Shack, milk and cookies from Momofuku, and saw the city from above at 30 Rock. We strolled through Times Square, watched the loading and unloading in front of Radio City Music Hall, and had amazing wine at Osteria Cotta. This trip was lovely and perfect, and so were the beautiful friends we spent time with there. These trips always remind me to be adventurous. And to do things I wouldn't normally do. Be more open-minded. Be more gracious and understanding. Find value in new things. 
















To travel is the experience of ceasing to be 
the person you are trying to be, 
and becoming the person 
you really are. 
Paulo Coelho



No comments: