Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Italia and then some


For mine and Patrick's FIFTH anniversary (dang, where did the time go!?), we have bought tickets to visit the most beautiful country in the world...

ITALY.

Going to Italy has been a dream of ours ever since I can remember.

And Julia Roberts really sealed the deal for me in Eat, Pray, Love through her attractive male friends and 'no carb left behind' policy. Who doesn't want to go somewhere that is strictly known for its beauty, wine, pizza, and cappaccinos? I'm not quite sure how they stay so thin and beautiful with such high pasta consumption, but I fully intend to investigate. And by investigate I mean eat everything in sight and wear stretchable leggings every day, on the off chance that my pants will stop fitting by day 3. Surely you're not taking advantage of Italy if your pants still fit by the end of the week.

But I digress...

This will probably be our last big trip before we start incorporating children into the family, AND IT CANNOT GET HERE FAST ENOUGH. I'm jumping out of my pants excited over this, and can't wait to take advantage of this country of such immense and stunning beauty!!! Come on March! I've never been so excited about you.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...life without HaRim is hard. We feel like true empty-nesters and have subsequently read a lot of books, watched all of our DVR, and re-organized our closets. I bought some extra magazines, did some wash, lamented cooking because I was cooking for 2 and not 3, and I got some links taken out of my watch. Annnddd I also framed a few pictures. And by a few I mean 5.

All because I've had time to do those things. 




But at the end of the day, I'm so incredibly grateful for the time we had with Harim. And I'm glad that he is happy and thriving and had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live on his own for 3 months at 15. You learn a lot about yourself by living on your own, and we're blessed to have gotten to see him step into more of himself. 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a lot of ways this week has made me face a lot of hard things about myself, and the support I've received from so many friends has been priceless (not all of this is related to Harim). I'm the worst at thinking the grass is always greener, but today I am fully happy and satisfied with me. It is my 2013 resolution to continue to dig out who I am, and stop defining myself based on everyone else. I think I'm on the right path, and am convinced now more than ever that my network of support is powerful and invaluable. So if you've sent me any text this week, called me, emailed me, g-chatted me, whatever... I am grateful for YOU. Please know that. You are the best.



No comments: