Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Camping, Rafting, Graduating, Etc.

It's been a great few weeks. We've been moderately busy, Patrick started a new job, and we've had some good weekend outings with friends. Spring is so nice for that sort of thing, and I think my blood pressure has dropped a good bit. That could also be in part due to my increased wine drinking as of late, but that's of course hard to measure.

In other news, today is our FOUR YEAR anniversary, and we're celebrating by going to Bistro Niko in Buckhead tonight. According to the Bert Show, it has the best bathrooms. Praise God.

Here is a look at my recent life through my iPhone: 

Libby Gray graduated from preschool! Look at that cute little bug in the green dress. 

We went camping with some friends up at Red Top Mountain. And Lucy slept here. In our tent. On my sleeping bag.  Yes it was just as terrible as it sounds. SHE IS 60 POUNDS FOLKS. And the tent was so spacious that we had to keep our bags in the car. :) It was still great fun though. And Lucy is very easy and sweet. Just very affectionate.
Last weekend we went whitewater rafting for our friend Liz's birthday. It was hilariously fun, and I have bruising down my left leg to prove it. :) Our guide was a little bit aggressive, which 80% of the time made it more fun, and 20% of the time made me want to quit and walk home. But I put on my bravest face and have great battle scars to show my domination of the Ocoee River.

This is a shot from our camping trip at Red Top Mountain. Just a little 6 mile hike before lunch. Had we known it'd be that long, then we would have packed a lunch. But Lucy loved it and we couldn't keep her out of the lake. 

[FOR THE HOME]
Newly recovered chair in our office. I need a bright pillow for it but haven't had the time to look for one yet. 


Just ordered one of these babies that I am THRILLED about receiving! It will go in the room with the Anthro bedding in the last picture. Check out this girl at Recycled Interiors for her great design ideas, crafts, etc.

My purse rack from GoodWill that I bought for $2.67. 

Wine racks that hang on the wall like a shelf. I'll probably put wine bottles in one, and pictures in the other? The tough part will be figuring out how to hang these guys. As Patrick and I aren't the handiest of folks.

My new euro shams from Anthropologie (my happy place).  I LOVE THEM. A lot. And I have lots of Pinterest-y ideas for the room now, that I probably won't ever get around to. But now I wish I had a million dollars to Anthro in order to furnish the rest of the room to match the bedding. And you can't furnish a room from here without a million dollars.

Not sure what color to paint the walls though? 


Happy to let you in on my life these days. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Love love.

No comments: