Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Middle East

In less than 9 hours, I will be en route to the Middle East!! I cannot begin to explain how excited I am. I will be going to two different countries that are more unique than any place I've ever visited. Different weather, different food, different religions and clothing. Different living conditions. Completely different walks of life. I've been talking to some of the folks over there pretty regularly and they are a group of radical lovers of God. They walk in signs and wonders and long to see the Middle East know God's love. They are a really incredible group and I can't wait to get over there and get under them!

As I've been saying good-byes to different people, I've been noticing that lots of people are really nervous about this trip. At the beginning of this process I too was a little bit nervous, but pretty early on I had to decide to just embrace this trip and this experience with open arms. I can't hold back because of fear or nerves. I need to be all there. Yeah its not known as being the safest part of the world, but at the end of the day, I'm still going. And I'm really excited. And amazing things are going to happen and people are going to be blessed.

So I have to focus on the things God is doing and is going to do. And the fact that we as a team have had such incredible confirmation for this trip is all the more affirming that we're meant to be there. That we have God's blessing and that He has gone before us and is coming behind us. So I'm really excited and can't wait to just be there! Because they are so far ahead of us time-wise, we'll leave this afternoon and not get there til 11:15pm tomorrow night!

Can't wait to post pictures and blogs when I return! Thank you sweet friends for all of your support and prayers!

No comments: