Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rants Part 2

First of all, I'm a poor time manager. You give me 3 hours to work out, catch up on some reading, have a snack and put a load of wash in the washing machine, and instead I'll choose to watch a full 3 hours of America's Next Top Model without getting up during the commercials. Regardless of how productive I can be at work, when I get home and have no plans, I'm worthless. I have a dream of reading countless books each week, painting beautiful pictures, being really creative with second-hand stores and fabrics, getting into a deep Randall Worley-type study of the Bible, cooking elegant dishes, and soaking in God's presence every afternoon. But what will I do with my time instead? I'll watch Gilmore Girls, Oprah, America's Next Top Model, the Bachelorette, So You Think You Can Dance, and an occasional Real World episode on MTV. I know, real mature. I'm 24 and have done very little classical reading, have hardly developed any sort of work-out routine, have used our iron once, and effortlessly cook many of the same meals week-to-week. Maybe there's a support group for people like me. Then again, maybe it's just called maturity.

No comments: